Monday, April 22, 2013

Blog # 13 - Online Scams

Last year my friend was scammed for his xbox with over $100 dollars on it. Full with items, games, and downloads. I was in the xbox live party chat as it was going on. My friend had been offered to boost up his rank and hack his stats. So my friend asked what he had to do. The scammer said he needed his email address and password to his account for him to be able to access his stats. So without hesitation he gave him his account information and within 10-15 minutes he had been signed out of his account and the scammer had changed the account password to friends account and started removing all the friends that he had on that account. My friend called Microsoft saying they had taken his account  and there was no way of getting it back. From there they banned the account and within a month he had it back. Point is scamming happens a lot on Xbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment